.jpg)
Emilee and I, along with Polly, Abbey and Anna went to Chinatown last Saturday! We were looking for a few Chinese New Year things, as the Year of the Ox starts January 26th. We started out in the older section; went to the Golden Dragon and a few other shops, and then worked our way up Broadway to the Dynasty Plaza Bazaar. Afterwards, we had a delicious lunch at the Plum Tree Restaurant...Cashew Chicken and Walnut Shrimp (which was exceptionally good!)
Oh, and I got my first Bonzai plant...hope I can keep it alive! My Nana always loved them, and had several when I was a child. I hope inherited her knack for growing them!
Here's a shot Emilee took of the Golden Dragon...
.jpg)
I love the lanterns that are strung up everywhere in the old section...caught the sun shining through this one.
.jpg)
Here's Anna, Emilee and Abbey. Note Abbey's new purse...she and Anna got pink ones and Emilee got a red one!
And of course, we always have to have a few new parasols....
.jpg)
Here's an inside shot...
.jpg)
Abbey taking a rest outside of Fong's...
The East Gate...or "Gate of Maternal Virtues"
.jpg)
Another big reason for the trip was to scout locations for some "Chinatown Urban" photo sessions of the girls...there are so many great places to photograph. I've got several ideas and plan on going back soon to snap away....
.jpg)
.jpg)
And here is Fong's... my favorite shop. This trip I found a vintage copy of "Moy Moy" by Leo Politti. Mr Politti wrote children's stories about Los Angeles in the forties and fifties (Olvera St. and Chinatown) and this shop is featured prominently in both "Moy Moy" and "Mr. Fongs Toy Shop". It is still owned by his descendants, the See family. Lisa See wrote "On Gold Mountain" which tells the story of her great-grandfather, Fong See, coming to Los Angeles from China.
Here's an inside shot...
.jpg)
Abbey taking a rest outside of Fong's...
The East Gate...or "Gate of Maternal Virtues"
.jpg)
Another big reason for the trip was to scout locations for some "Chinatown Urban" photo sessions of the girls...there are so many great places to photograph. I've got several ideas and plan on going back soon to snap away....
Last stop is always the Phoenix Bakery....this time for the best chocolate eclair I've had in quite a while!
.jpg)
Check back soon for Emilee's Chinese New Year pictures....
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



1 comment:
Great shots of the girls, love the one with the lanterns too!
Post a Comment